When you think of carrots, what comes to mind? Healthy and crunchy? Good for your eyes? Great with a Sunday roast now the weather is cooler? True, true, and true. But there is something very special about this pointy, orange root vegetable, and it’s all to do with the seeds. The seeds have Superpowers.
Carrot Seed oil is derived from the dried seeds of the wild carrot plant (Daucus carota), not your regular Waitrose variety. This untamed plant has hairy leaves, and lacy white flowers with purple centers. Also called wild Queen Anne’s Lace, its origins can be traced back to Egypt, France and India.
What makes the oil so special? Carrot Seed oil has remarkable skin revitalizing and toning properties, and it’s considered one of the best rejuvenating oils of all time. Often hailed as a miracle oil, Carrot Seed gives skin a firmer fresher appearance by helping the body remove toxins and water build-up in the dermal tissue. This special oil is even said to promote cellular regeneration. Hello, sign us up! It’s rich in Carotene and Vitamin A, both of which are effective antioxidants that help your skin look its best. Carrot Seed essential oil is also widely used in aromatherapy due to its grounding scent. It’s a great tool for relieving stress and anxiety.
TOP 6 Carrot Seed Oil Superpowers
1. Super Antioxidant: Antioxidants in this essential oil repair a lot of the damage done to your tissues by oxidants (free radicals), and stop them from doing further harm. Carrot Seed essential oil is super high in vitamins that encourage cellular repair and growth. In other words, Carrot Seed essential oil protects your skin from wrinkles!
2. Super Detoxifier: Carrot Seed essential oil has the ability to detoxify the blood, tissues, muscles and internal organs like the liver and kidneys. It helps flush toxins and water build-up in the skin.
3. Sun Protection: This amazing essential oil promotes natural sun protection of between 24-35 SPF, while allowing the beneficial sunrays through. That being said, you will burn if you spend a day in full, hot sun even with this oil in your skin care.
4. Super Stimulant: Carrot Seed oil stimulates both circulation and metabolic function. (mmm… carrot cake?)
5. Aromatherapy: Carrot Seed essential oil is widely used for its mild and soothing, earthy aroma. It is very effective for relieving stress and anxiety, and for promoting a sense of wellbeing.
6. Antiseptic, Antiviral & Disinfectant: This powerful essential oil can treat infections, protect against their effects, and it has antiseptic properties, including the ability to prevent tetanus (this is commonly reported, however we were unable to find a study that confirmed as much). It’s pretty potent stuff!
With all those magical Superpowers, no wonder we put organic Carrot Seed essential oil in most of our products! Find them here: Detox + Nourish + Glow Trio, Detox Enzyme Mask, Plumping Serum, Wellbeing Hydra-Cream
Notes: According to Leung’s Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients, Carrot Seed essential oil is non-toxic. However, like other essential oils, never INGEST Carrot Seed during pregnancy, and it would be wise to avoid this essential oil during the first trimester. It is not the same as eating carrots!
The information presented on this web site is not intended to take the place of your primary health care provider’s advice and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Discuss this information with your primary health care provider to determine what is right for you. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions.