No matter where you are on the Motherhood spectrum, there is a good chance that your hair has suffered from stress and hormones at some point. Here’s a super easy, inexpensive formula that I use whenever I seem to be shedding more than usual.
Spray Bottle, 250ml
250ml Distilled Water
2-3 Tablespoons Dried Herbs
15 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
15 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
Notes: For dark hair, choose Nettle, Lavender, and Rosemary. For light hair, choose Chamomile, Lavender, and Horsetail. For red hair, choose Rosehips or Hibiscus. You can use one type or a combination. You can also add Clary Sage, Tea Tree, and Chamomile essential oil. Just make sure you stick to 30 drops total. Read more about essential oils for beauty.
1. Pour the boiling, distilled water over your dried herbs. You are basically making tea.
2. Let the herbs infuse into the water until cool to the touch.
3. Strain out your herbs and pour the infusion in to a spray bottle.
4. Add your essential oils and shake well.
5. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, and shake well before use. This doesn’t contain any preservatives, so it will go off eventually.
Spray liberally on hair roots before bed each night. Try this for at least 30 days before deciding if it has worked for you.
PS: You can also make this recipe using a herbal oil infusion. Coconut oil is the best for this. An oil infusion is wonderful for dry, brittle hair. But be warned, it is a lot messier to use, and harder to rinse out.
The content in this post is not intended as medical advice. Please read our General Health & Wellbeing Disclaimer for details.